- Early Registration Fee until March 11, 2016 $285
- Registration Fee March 12, 2016 – April 8, 2016 $350
- Register Early! Seating is Limited!
- Registrants cancelling their registration on or before February 29, 2016 will receive a refund of the workshop/conference fee, less a $25 administrative fee.
- Cancellations occurring between March 1, 2016 – March 21, 2016 will be refunded 50%.
- No refunds will be offered after March 21, 2016.
- Substitutions are allowed at any point without penalty.
Conference Hotel Reservations
Courtyard Marriott College Station – 3939 Highway 6 South College Station, Texas
A limited number of discounted rooms are being offered for conference attendees until April 20, 2016. The group rate can not be guaranteed after this time.
$ 114 Single & Double Occupancy
Refer to "Texas A&M University, TAMU HR/Public Safety" when making a reservation.
- Call: 1-800-314-1458 or directly (979) 695-8111
- Online Reservations: Courtyard Marriott
- Parking Permit: A special parking permit will be available for purchase during the registration process. The permit, $10/vehicle for the 2 day event, will allow the user to park in a lot next to the Memorial Student Center. Permits must be purchased prior to the conference.
- Parking Gargage: The University Center Garage (closest to the MSC) and West Campus Garage are available for hourly/daily parking rates. Details.
- Shuttle Bus: A limited shuttle bus service sponsored by Texas A&M University may be made available from the Courtyard Mariott to the conference venue each day prior to the program and after the program. More information soon.
CEUs: Continuing Education Credit & Professional Development Hours
- Licensed Professional Counselors will be eligible for 11 CEU units. The Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors has approved Texas A&M University as an approved continuing education provider for licensed professional counselors.
- Licensed Psychologists will be eligible for 11 CE credits. Texas A&M University is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Texas A&M University maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Licensed Social Workers will be eligible for 11 CEU units. Texas A&M University is approved by the State of Texas to provide CEU credits.
- Law Enforcement professionals will receive 11 TCLOE credits.
- An application has been made for Continuing Legal Education. Please watch the website for updates.
Grievances about the conference must be submitted in writing to:
Texas A&M University Office of Continuing Education
Attn: Program Coordinator
College Station, TX 77843-1245
To receive credit, you must be present for the entire conference. You are required to sign in at the beginning of the conference. Those arriving more than 15 minutes after the scheduled start time or leaving before the conference is completed will not receive CE credits. All attendees must complete a Program Evaluation to receive their CE certificate.
- Attendees will learn the five major characteristics of the Mission Oriented Shooter.
- Attendees will learn at least two distinctions between Injustice Collector and Dangerous Injustice Collector.
- Attendees will learn the biopsychosocial model of assessment within a threat assessment context.
- Attendees will learn the phases of development for a mass shooter.
- Attendees will be able to explain "radicalization" process within a threat assessment context.
- Attendees will learn the 8 proximal warning behaviors for targeted violence by individual terrorists which demand active risk management.
- Attendees will learn the 10 distal characteristics for monitoring of individuals of concern for terrorist acts.
- Attendees will learn the theory and rationale for the Terrorist Radicalization Assessment Protocol (TRAP-18)
- Attendees will learn all of the findings from the current research on the TRAP.
- Attendees will see how the TRAP is applied to individual cases, both jihadist and extreme right wing ideologies.