- Early Registration Fee until March 28, 2016 $285
- Registration Fee March 29, 2016 – April 29, 2016 $350
- Register Early! Seating is Limited!
- Lunches are included.
- Cancellations occurring between March 1, 2016 – April 6, 2016 will be refunded 50%.
- No refunds will be offered after April 6, 2016.
- Substitutions are allowed at any point without penalty.
Conference Hotel Reservations
Courtyard Marriott College Station – 3939 Highway 6 South College Station, Texas
A limited number of discounted rooms are being offered for conference attendees until April 20, 2016. The group rate can not be guaranteed after this time.
$ 114 Single & Double Occupancy
Refer to "Psych. Conference" when making a reservation.
- Call: 1-800-314-1458 or directly (979) 695-8111
- Online Reservations: Courtyard Marriott
- Parking Permit: A special parking permit will be available for purchase during the registration process. The permit, $10/vehicle for the 2 day event, will allow the user to park in a lot next to the Memorial Student Center. Permits must be purchased prior to the conference.
- Parking Gargage: The University Center Garage (closest to the MSC) and West Campus Garage are available for hourly/daily parking rates. Details.
- Shuttle Bus: A shuttle bus service sponsored by Texas A&M University willl be made available from the Courtyard Mariott to the conference venue each day prior to the program and after the program.
CEUs: Continuing Education Credit & Professional Development Hours
- Licensed Professional Counselors will be eligible for 11 CEU units. The Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors has approved Texas A&M University as an approved continuing education provider for licensed professional counselors.
- Licensed Psychologists will be eligible for 11 CE (professional development) credits. Texas A&M University is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Texas A&M University maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Licensed Social Workers will be eligible for 11 CEU units. Texas A&M University is approved by the State of Texas to provide CEU credits.
- Law Enforcement professionals will receive 11 TCLOE credits.
- An application has been made for Continuing Legal Education. Please watch the website for updates.
Grievances about the conference must be submitted in writing to:
Texas A&M University Office of Continuing Education
Attn: Program Coordinator
College Station, TX 77843-1245
To receive credit, you must be present for the entire conference. You are required to sign in at the beginning of the conference. Those arriving more than 15 minutes after the scheduled start time or leaving before the conference is completed will not receive CE credits. All attendees must complete a Program Evaluation to receive their CE certificate.
Conference Objectives View Agenda
Monday's Objectives, attendees will:
- Learn the five major characteristics of the Mission Oriented Shooter.
- Learn at least two distinctions between Injustice Collector and Dangerous Injustice Collector.
- Learn the biopsychosocial model of assessment within a threat assessment context.
- Learn the phases of development for a mass shooter.
- Be able to explain "radicalization" process within a threat assessment context.
Tuesday's Objectives, attendees will:
- Learn eight warning behaviors that immediately precede targeted violence by individual terrorists which demand active risk management.
- Learn the ten risk characteristics for monitoring of individuals of concern for terrorist acts.
- Learn the theory and rationale for the Terrorist Radicalization Assessment Protocol
- Learn all of the findings from the current research on the Terrorist Radicalization Assessment Protocol.
- See how the Terrorist Radicalization Assessment Protocol is applied to individual cases, both jihadist and extreme right wing ideologies.